Josh Dorfman is an environmental entrepreneur, author, television host, and radio host committed to helping consumers easily and delightfully take steps to green their lives. Josh is perhaps best known as creator and host of The Lazy Environmentalist, an award-winning reality TV show on Sundance Channel, radio show on Sirius Satellite Radio, book series, and e-commerce business. He and his ventures have been profiled in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post as well as on Morning Joe, The Big Idea with Donnie Deutsch, and NPR’s Science Friday. He is also the only guest to have ever ridden a bicycle onto the set of The Martha Stewart Show.
Previously, Josh launched and directed Vine.com, an e-commerce business owned by Amazon.com, specializing in natural, organic, and sustainably designed products. He authored the green product standards for other Amazon.com portfolio companies including Diapers.com, Soap.com, Wag.com, and Casa.com. Prior to Vine.com, Josh was VP of Marketing for GoodGuide, a “Fast Company 50” and “TechCrunch 50” provider of information on the health, environmental and ethical performance of consumer goods.
Josh was also founder & CEO of Vivavi, a pioneering retail venture specializing in modern design, sustainable furniture, named to Inc. Magazine’s “Green 50” as an innovator accelerating the green economy.
Josh currently leads Venture Asheville, a public-private initiative to build a high-growth entrepreneurial ecosystem in the mountains of Western North Carolina. He is co-founder and Director of Asheville Angels, an angel investor group with investments in the renewable energy, electric transportation, commercial-scale composting, AgTech, EdTech and Life Sciences industries.
Josh spent four years as national spokesperson for Brita’s FilterForGood campaign to reduce bottled water waste. He is author of The Lazy Environmentalist: Your Guide to Easy, Stylish, Green Living and The Lazy Environmentalist on a Budget. In 2010, Josh was inducted into the inaugural class of the International Green Industry Hall of Fame.
Josh is a frequent speaker on green product innovation and communications strategy at places such as Google, PepsiCo, Yale University, Notre Dame University, and The Aspen Institute. He holds an MBA from Thunderbird, The School of Global Management, and a BA from the University of Pennsylvania.
Notable Press Coverage:
- Forbes.com (12/14) – An Unexpected Source of Innovation: Asheville, North Carolina
- Huffington Post (10/14) – Innovation Earth: The Next Green Tech Town
- New York Times (9/2012) – Amazon Starts a Shopping Site for the Environmental Crowd
- First 30 Days (8/2012) – Josh Dorfman On Going Green
- Mother Nature Network (3/11) – The Anything But Lazy Environmentalist
- New York Times (9/10) – Green But Still Feeling Guilty
- Inhabitots (6/2010) – Josh Dorfman Named Dad Of The Year
- Wall Street Journal (4/2010) – Josh Dorfman On How To Be, Yes, Lazy And Environmental
- WNC Magazine (8/2009) – Easy Does It
- Reuters (6/2009) – Lazy Environmentalist Says Don’t Be Feel Bad
- Today.com (11/2008) – Save Water the Lazy Way
- Apartment Therapy (7/2008) – Vivavi, Modern Green Furniture and Furnishings
- Bookpage (7/2007) – The Environmental Truth Made Just A Little More Convenient
- Treehugger (3/2007) – The Lazy Environmentalist Goes Live Daily on Lime Radio
- Grist (1/2006) – Swanky New York Event Heats Up The Green Scene