SUSTAINABILITY KEYNOTE SPEAKER
Lazy Environmentalist founder Josh Dorfman is a frequent speaker on green product innovation, sustainable lifestyles, and the rise of the sustainable economy. As a sustainability keynote speaker, Josh delivers highly engaging, action-oriented, yet down-to-earth presentations.
Josh has taught audience participants at organizations such as Salesforce, Google, The North Face, PepsiCo, The New York Federal Reserve Bank, The Aspen Institute, Yale University, and Notre Dame University how to easily take steps to be more sustainable in their personal lives and how to implement sustainability strategies within their organizations.
With an eye toward design and innovation, Josh shows participants how to green their daily routine, home environment, workspace and morning commute in ways that are easy, delightful, and cost-effective.
sustainability insights from the trenches
Josh’s presentations and insights into motivating sustainable behaviors are the results of an award-winning green business and green media career.
Josh’s sustainable business ventures – and even his misadventures – have been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Inc. Magazine, HuffPost, and numerous other national media outlets. To this day, he is the only guest to have ever ridden a bicycle on the set of The Martha Stewart Show.
Investigating ingredients in the “Lazy Baker” episode of The Lazy Environmentalist TV show.
Experiences that Josh draws from to inform his talks:
- Executive Producer and Reality TV Host, Sundance Channel’s The Lazy Environmentalist, winner of an Environmental Media Award (EMA) for Best Reality TV Show
- Executive Producer and Talk Radio Host, The Lazy Environmentalist on Sirius Satellite Radio, a nationally broadcast show covering sustainable lifestyle choices through the lens of design, innovation, and affordability
- Site Leader and GM, Vine.com, an Amazon-owned e-commerce business, specializing in natural, organic, and sustainable products
- Founder & CEO, Vivavi, a pioneering e-commerce and brick-and-mortar retailer of modern design, sustainable furniture and furnishings – named to Inc. Magazine’s “Green 50” as a leader in the emerging green economy
- Vice-President Marketing, GoodGuide, a “Fast Company 50” and “Tech Crunch 50” information provider on the environmental, health and ethical performance of consumer products
- National Spokesperson, Brita’s FilterForGood Campaign, winner of a Gold CLIO award in strategic communications for encouraging consumers to reduce bottled water waste
- Author, The Lazy Environmentalist: Your Guide To Easy, Stylish Green Living and The Lazy Environmentalist on a Budget: Save Money, Save Time, Save The Planet
- Co-founder and Managing Director, Asheville Angels, a network of angel investors with investments in Proterra (EV buses), Brightfield (solar-powered EV charging stations), Emrgy (urban hydropower), FarmShots (real-time farming analytics), Atlas Organics (commercial-scale composting), and a dozen other startups
- CEO, The Collider, the world’s first entrepreneurship and innovation center for climate tech startups creating solutions to help communities, businesses, and governments adapt and become resilient to climate change.
Google, Authors @Google Series
Central Ohio Emerald Awards Gala Luncheon
University of Notre Dame, Ten Years Hence Speaker Series
“Josh captured the hearts and minds at GetThere’s annual customer summit. The audience consisted of a couple hundred corporate travel and procurement managers from Global and Fortune 500 companies. Not only was his style entertaining and thought provoking, his content was right-on and timely for these professionals who are needing to build a strategy for ‘green’ within their own global organizations.”
— Suzanne Neufang, VP-Product Marketing & User Experience, GetThere
“Josh delivered the opening keynote for the inaugural Green + Design Conference & Exposition. We couldn’t have asked for a better kickoff to our event. Josh spoke directly to our theme of integrating green design principles into business practice. Our audience represented designers from a variety of disciplines and Josh was able to keep them all engaged with his ideas about being more green without having to make terrific sacrifices. Our designer audience left impressed with his examples as well as his humor and wisdom.”
— Tim Fearney, Show Director, Nielsen Business Media
“I was thrilled with how well the program was received — it was a ‘home run.’ Your message was inspiring and hit on all the points we wanted to cover in a positive and meaningful way. The examples you provided were great!”
— Sandra Cartie, Senior Vice President, Bristol-Myers Squibb
“Josh’s address to over 600 community and business leaders created a new approach and dialogue to promoting environmentalism. Our audience was captivated and inspired by Josh’s refreshing spin on promoting green and earned a lot of laughs along the way. Josh presented himself as the down-to-earth, honest and practical voice we expected!”
— Jeff Milgrom, President, Event Marketing Strategies Central Ohio Emerald Awards
“Josh was dynamic and compelling as our keynote speaker at Upstate Forever’s award luncheon. His addition of humor allowed the audience to connect with him on how we can all play a positive role in conserving our natural resources. I highly recommend Josh as a speaker.”
— Andrea Cooper, Executive Director, Upstate Forever
inquire about availability
If you are interested in inviting Josh to speak to your organization or at an event, please fill out the form below.